Creator of the Coaster

This is the summer of preparation. I feel every morning I hear the chink chink chink of the roller coaster of life going up to the apex of the drop. Every so often I raise my hands in surrender to the "fall," but other times I'm double checking the safety strap to make sure that it's tight across my shoulders (and looking over at the rest of family to look at their harnesses too).

When I speak to people about all that God has coming up for us, some have said, "I am surprised you are so calm." Believe me, calm is only dependent on how much I've been in the Word reaching for my Savior's hand to guide, protect and keep the coaster on the tracks He laid down. Preparation on God's part to plan good things for me, preparation on my part to trust His ways. Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

I see the top of the roller coaster as the birth of our baby in November, then twist number one as being our first year of homeschool for two of the kids, the hill that goes up and down (creating butterflies in my stomach) is the call to being a pastor God gave me a year ago and that I'm now acting in obedience to. Finally, there are quite a few more twists and turns that I know are coming, but cannot see due to some that will be in tunnels of darkness, and others are in bright sunlight, yet still hidden from sight. I know that there is much coming up that will cause joy or suffering, yet it isn't so bad if it's taken one turn at a time.

One additional thought: in real life I don't enjoy roller coasters, but in the world of metaphors they work pretty well. The thing is if I continue in learning about the "Creator of the Coaster" and how careful He is to craft my "ride," I will be able to look back on my life and see His hand at work. I hope that the same is true for you, that you will be able to trust God to plan your own roller coaster knowing deep in your heart that He has the best in mind for you and good works for you to be a part of. And after all those twists, turns and hills, the good news is our ultimate destination is heaven when we fix our eyes on the Author and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts