Homework

So I've got my work cut out for me. Since realizing God's call on my life is to deeper study and beginning the process to using it in a public setting, I've come to understand why my pastor dad was always up late every Saturday night. Now me having an involved life with MOPS, church worship, piano lessons and part-time job watching two girls, as well as my own house and kids? Forget-about-it. God alone can create the balance. Especially now that I'm back to a nearly daily exercise routine and am looking intently into homeschooling.

It's easy for me to pass by the Bible sitting on the table when I'm figuring out what to do first after the two older ones leave for school. But God keeps bringing to mind that when He is first, when I do my "homework" with him, the rest of my home and work goes easier.

I know it's the same story with anyone. Life gets busy and our unseen God gets forgotten. From the business woman in the corporate office, balancing a commute and husband, to the stay-at-home dad who struggles with keeping the checkbook balanced and the kids happy for when mom comes home.

Read what God said to Asa in 2 Chronicles 15, do you think God could be saying the same thing to you?

"The Spirit of God came upon Azariah son of Oded. He went out to meet Asa and said to him, “Listen to me, Asa and all Judah and Benjamin. The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you. For a long time Israel was without the true God, without a priest to teach and without the law. But in their distress they turned to the Lord, the God of Israel, and sought him, and he was found by them. In those days it was not safe to travel about, for all the inhabitants of the lands were in great turmoil. One nation was being crushed by another and one city by another, because God was troubling them with every kind of distress. But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.”

Today, it's not cities being crushed due to not following the law, it's our lives and busy-ness of our days. I encourage you to do your "homework" with God every morning. Try it for 30 days and make a note of the difference that those 10-30 minutes everyday make for the rest of your life. He will be worth it and your work will be rewarded!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good thoughts indeed!
Anonymous said…
I asked for God to speak to me tonight, and slowly I found my way to your blog! Thanks Rita for this message. It's exactly what I needed!-Kimberly M.

Popular Posts