Arrows for My Quiver

It seems to me that lately I've gotten a lot of strangers saying to me that "it looks like you have your hands full." It strikes me as a funny statement since none of my kids need to be carried, their birthdays are all spread out around two years each and very seldom do they make excessive noise (although it's been known to happen).

I wonder if it's because I look young for my age (not quite 31). Or if I'm buying too much at the store and the opinionated strangers know that I'll have a lot of groceries to carry in. If anything, I'd think they'd take a look at the number of kids compared to the amount of store goods and say, "looks like you will have a lot of help putting away the groceries today." And I sure will. For an answer to that odd comment I finally had a good reply this morning that my hands were "Not full enough."

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one's youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
They will not be ashamed
When they speak with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5 (NAS)

Comments

Popular Posts