Ten Down...

To my husband, David,

I am so glad to be your wife. We've been married for ten years and I am amazed at how our love has grown. Looking at pictures of our wedding, I am really glad that I did not know everything that was to come, but am so, so thankful that everything we faced we did it together.

I love remembering how your voice caught my attention when you were singing, "Maria" from "West Side Story." I whispered to my roommate that it sounded like you could be saying "My-Rita," and when she told you, you somehow got the nerve to sing the whole song (with my name in it) on my answering machine. What a sweet gesture I will always treasure. Did you know I kept that message until the end of the semester?

That is a good memory. So is the one that has you selling your motorcycle to buy my engagement ring. I know you regret that, wishing now that you had taken out a loan for the ring instead. Someday I hope to make it up to you- if giving you four beautiful children didn't do that already :)

The hard times when I wasn't sure our arguments could end up with a happy ending, your dedication to me and our marriage kept you fighting for us, instead of against me. In fact, that is one of my favorite things you have said to me, "I am on your side."

You are persistent, patient, kind, sensitive, thoughtful, gentle and loving. There is no one else who I'd want to be with, and no one else who could put up with me. I love you, honey. Happy Anniversary.

Comments

GiBee said…
Happy belated anniversary to the both of you!!!

I hope you're enjoying the sun, because it has rained all week long here!!!

Popular Posts