Sermon Recap

Pastor had a good sermon for me (and many others) on Sunday. He was teaching us about the struggle Jesus had with Himself when in the garden of Gethsemane. Here are the notes:

Three Powerful Observations from Gethsemane


1: Humanity will always wrestled with the cost of obedience.
Hebrews 4:15 "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin."

Jesus struggled with the task God had called Him to do next; die on a cross and
experience separation and rejection from God, His father.

2: God's ways are not always easy but they are always best.

Not only was Jesus struggling with His task, He was also feeling compassion for those He would leave behind, His mother, brothers, and best friends.

3: It's okay to wrestle with understanding God's will, but it's not okay to win!

Comments

GiBee said…
Number three has always been a struggle in my life... ALWAYS. You would think it wouldn't, being that I'm so submissive and NOT controlling in ANY way. It isn't like I have to win at EVERYTHING...

Well..... almost everything!

Infertility was the biggest struggle for me... being mad at God, and wanting MY way--always. And yet, in his infinite wisdome, he gave me what HE wanted in my life!

Go figure.
Anonymous said…
Hello Rita. Thanks for visiting and commenting. It was a nice concert and a lovely day to celebrate Easter. Sadly, I don't play, but I enjoyed the organ playing. Peace and Happy Easter!

Popular Posts