Loving 2009

Well, we made it! Christmas is over and 2009 is staring us straight in the face, expectantly waiting for us. What a year it will be, too. Just like every other year in this world's existence, this one coming up will have hard times and good times, tears and laughter, death and life. Ah, the possibilities for joy and sorrow.

I have been experiencing some trepidation at what the near future holds for us. On one hand, I'm looking forward to the new things and blessings God has in store for us. On the other, there is a lot of uncertainty and negative predictions of the future floating around out there. What God keeps bringing to my mind is that He loves me and there is no fear in love. If you have the chance to read 1 John 4, please do. I'm being led to make the entire chapter as the basis for my New Year's resolution.

Before you think that this will be an easy thing for me, it's not. I like being bossy, I don't mind stepping on toes, I am not much of a hugger (although I have learned hugs are good for my soul), and tend to forget about other's needs if God didn't remind me of them. Sad, but true.

Jesus said that all the laws that govern us can be reduced down to two things: Loving God (with your entire being) and loving each other (unselfish and Christ-like). Some people are easy to love, some difficult, and some are strangers God put into our lives for a moment. I am not sure what God has for us in 2009, but learning to be love does give me a better focus for my energy than worrying about tomorrow!

Comments

GiBee said…
I think you're a GREAT hugger!!!

Popular Posts