Spring is in the Air!

Welcome Spring! I am glad that flowers are blooming and trees are budding, at least in our area. Of course, I hear of snow storms in the Midwest and of snow still lying around in Wisconsin, where I used to live. And I'm glad to be on this side of winter. One of my favorite scriptures for this time of year is from Song of Songs, 2:11-12:

"See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.

Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land."

This passage was just a small part of a beautiful love story, and as Christians it is ours, too. Our bridegroom, Christ, will come and cause winter to pass and we will join with him in heaven where "sorrow and tears will be no more." Until that day, we welcome Spring as a reminder of what will be forever ours when this life has passed.

Comments

GiBee said…
I'm glad to be on this side of winter, too!!! Love the header!

Popular Posts