Where's Jesus in Your Clouds?

Clouds have always been associated with the sorrows and trials. But they are also shown as God's presence (Behold, He comes riding on the clouds" Revelation). When clouds of life come, know that God is also among them. It is through the darkest part of our lives that God can be most present. Unfortunately, it's often when the sky starts clearing that we can look back and see how God was present and we weren't as alone as we felt.

When you go through fog, or rain, or tornados look for Jesus in those clouds. Trials aren't meant to make us learn something, but rather to help us unlearn something. We are not supposed to be people completely self dependent, rather we are to be completely dependent on Christ. It is not a sign of weakness to not know how things are going to turn out, rather it builds up our faith.

God keeps the clouds in our life so He never becomes unnecessary in our lives. He wants us to come to Him over and over again, like a child, simply to sit on His lap and say that we need Him, and love Him.

My two-year-old son showed me this perfectly a couple nights ago. He came to me to sit on my lap, he wrapped his little arm around my neck and laid his head on my shoulder and said softly, "I need you. . . I like you." I knew exactly what he meant. He had learned from my 4-year-of that when she yells down the hallway "Mommy, I NEED YOU!!" Even if I'm in the middle of something, I'll come see what she needs.

God is the same way, except He's always near even when we can't see Him. He would much rather have us come to Him to sit on His lap and say softly, "I need you, I love you." Than wait until we are in a desperate state, when we have been overwhelmed by life's clouds, to scream up at the heavens, "GOD, I NEED YOU!!".

If we make it a habit to come to Him before the inevitable clouds of life come, than we may be able to see Jesus in our trials while they are happening not just when the skies have cleared.

(some excerpts taken from "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers)

Comments

Popular Posts