Inside Joke, Literally

My mom has a friend who has been pregnant (and subsequently, had children) a lot. We're talking an even dozen (that's 12 kids, folks) for this amazing woman, Corinne. She has known she was pregnant before the tests because God has always given her a close parking space.

I know it sound silly, trusting a parking place, but it has really become an inside joke for our families. Whenever we go to the mall together and happen to get a front parking place we always ask if the other is "with child".

I've noticed the same pattern with my own pregnancies. It's one way that we feel God is looking out for us with the swollen bellies.

Consequently, my husband (who else?) and I have been ancipating a proverbial bun in the oven. But the pregnancy tests wouldn't show up for another week or so. Well, we went to Wal-mart and sure enough we got a parking place right next to the front door. So close, in fact, I thought it first to be a handicap spot. But no, with a thrill of realization, I knew we would be having a baby in 8 1/2 months. WOW!! God is good to even have a sense of humor and give us small blessing upon smaller blessings.

Now my belly is huge and with the morning sickness long gone I don't mind an occasional walk to the store entrance. It does me good to keep moving. Hope that this one comes a few weeks early, though, the last ultrasound showed a chubby cheeked boy at only 27 weeks. Babies shouldn't look "chubby" until 36 weeks. My mom had a dream he weighed a whopping 11 lbs. 7.5 oz. Wouldn't that be something!

Comments

Popular Posts